- Provide a fun and safe environment for ExxonMobil employees, retirees, their families and guests and ExxonMobil contractors to experience cycling in the Houston area.
- Provide members a platform to develop cycling skills, improve personal health and network with other cyclists.
- Provide opportunities to contribute to the community through cycling events and advocacy organizations at local, state and national levels
Our Vision for the Future
- Double club registration from 300 to 600 and the number of members riding in our flagship events from 200 to 400
- Attract riders of all skill levels on a variety of bicycle types (Road, Mountain, Tri, etc.)
- Organize club activities to enable year-round cycling
- Be recognized as one of the safest and best organized cycling clubs by peers and organizations with whom we interact
- Develop synergies with other company sport and wellness organizations (Running Club, Triathlon Club, Culture of Health, Wellness Center, etc.)
- Be ambassadors of our club culture and values
The Four Pillars of Our Club
- Providing an environment to develop camaraderie, friendship and networking across our community of riders.
- Providing activities that allow cyclists to get in contact with nature in areas where we ride
- Supporting cycling events throughout the year
- Including family members as riders or supporters
- Supporting new riders with a mentoring program
- Supporting our members with well-organized rides of increasing challenge over the training period.
- Promoting cycling as a complement to weight-loss, muscle development and stress relief programs
- Participating in company’s Health & Wellness events
- Appealing to all type of riders from recreational to elite cyclists
- Representing ExxonMobil Cycling Club as a group of responsible riders
- Participating in flagship events to raise money and awareness for non-profit organizations
- Supporting bicycling advocacy organizations
- Supporting local business and bike shops
- Providing cycling related volunteer opportunities
- Coordinating Volunteer Involvement Program grant submissions
- Making cycling safety training a condition of club membership
- Providing Group Riding Skills Classes to our riders and the general public
- Meeting or exceeding the standards for the highest safety recognition offered by our flagship rides
- Maintaining certified safety program instructors
- Encouraging club members to serve as Safety Leaders at organized rides