Team Mission and Vision
Our Mission Is To:
· Provide a fun and safe environment for ExxonMobil employees, retirees, their families and guests and ExxonMobil contractors to experience cycling in the Houston area.
· Provide members a platform to develop cycling skills, improve personal health and network with other cyclists.
· Provide opportunities to contribute to the community through cycling events and advocacy organizations at local, state and national levels.
Our mission is reflected in our 4 pillars:
Our Vision for 2015-2020 Is:
· Double club registration from 300 to 600 and the number of members riding in our flagship events from 200 to 400
· Attract riders of all skill levels on a variety of bicycle types (Road, Mountain, Tri, etc.)
· Organize club activities to enable year-round cycling
· Be recognized as one of the safest and best organized cycling clubs by peers and organizations with whom we interact.
· Develop synergies with other company sport and wellness organizations (Running Club, Triathlon Club, Culture of Health, Wellness Center, etc.)
· Be ambassadors of our club culture and values
Promote the fun elements of Cycling by:
· Providing an environment to develop camaraderie, friendship and networking across our community of riders.
· Providing activities that allow cyclists to get in contact with nature in areas where we ride
· Supporting cycling events throughout the year.
· Including family members as riders or supporters.
· Supporting new riders with a mentoring program.
Promote the fitness benefits of Cycling by:
· Supporting our members with well-organized rides of increasing challenge over the training period.
· Promoting cycling as a complement to weight-loss, muscle development and stress relief programs.
· Participating in company’s Health & Wellness events.
· Appealing to all type of riders from recreational to elite cyclists.
Have impact in our community by:
· Representing ExxonMobil Cycling Club as a group of responsible riders.
· Participating in flagship events to raise money and awareness for non-profit organizations. 1
· Supporting bicycling advocacy organizations. 2
· Supporting local business and bike shops.
· Providing cycling related volunteer opportunities.
· Coordinating Volunteer Involvement Program grant submissions.
Contribute to Safe Cycling in our area by:
· Making cycling safety training a condition of club membership.
· Providing Group Riding Skills Classes to our riders and the general public.
· Meeting or exceeding the standards for the highest safety recognition offered by our flagship rides.
· Maintaining certified safety program instructors.
· Encouraging club members to serve as Safety Leaders at organized rides.
1 MS150 benefits the National Multiple Sclerosis Society funding research and services to assist those impacted by MS. (www.nmss.org)
The Cycle organization, formerly Elves and More, provides bicycles as incentives to elementary school children to increase their literacy levels (www.cyclehouston.org).
2 Bike Houston, Bike Texas, Greater Houston Off Road Biking Association, League of American Bicyclists